website changes.

We have found someone to take over our website running from our retiring webmaster, Steve Weblin, who has done a sterling job for us. He wishes to spend more time on his classic cars and we wish him all the best.

Look out for the new site.

On another note, the plenum is now milled out and just needs a few horizontal holes drilled. The fuel rails are cut and we are waiting for the couplings.

Physical Digital are 3D printing the 8 inlet manifolds for us and hope to send us them by the end of this month. We are really grateful for their increased involvement in the project.

I have got the trailer back after having doors and windows fitted. I have made a start rubbing it down and getting some paint on it before we get it signed.

Go to top

January 2016.

It turns out 2015 was a very frustrating year for the project, with delays and problems all the way through.

However, I am pleased to report that it seems to have finally sorted itself out, and we are starting to make progress again.

The lorry trailer is being modified for the accommodation, doors etc. Next weekend I will be picking it up. Then the back ramp will be put on, the trailer painted and then the signage can go on. I have also got the material to make the lifting trailer.

The inlets are being 3D printed the first week of February, and the plenum is being made the same week by Sam at Kaitech. The last of the water pipe bends will be completed in the next two weeks.

The chassis revisions are virtually complete and I hope to get the frame made in March, along with the swingarms. We are sorting bearings out with the company that supplies Bloodhound.

I have agreed with a major British company to get our suspension units made by them, and have given them all the specs needed.

The wiring is under way, and will be ready in time for the chassis completion.

We have been invited to a couple of shows this year…. Auto Mechanika 7-9th June in Birmingham and the Supercar show at Sherborne Castle on the 17th July. I will look at what else is suitable.

Go to top

November 2015 Newsletter

We have just sent out a newsletter to all those people and companies for whom we have a current email address.  You can also download a copy of the newsletter from this link: Angelic Bulldog Project November 2015 newsletter

Alternatively you can read it here.

Read More »

Go to top

Roadshow, 15th October

Gauge and Tool Makers Association logo

I have invited to be the guest speaker at the Gauges and Toolmakers Association Roadshow on the 15th October at the Kettering Conference Centre. This is another contact from the very successful Advanced Engineering Show last November.

Go to top

Update, 22nd August.

We had a very successful team meeting recently, and came up with some strong decisions regarding making more progress. Although it was acknowledged that everyone (almost) had full time jobs, people were feeling frustrated that progress was not more tangible.
We decided to go with the Link ECUs, and use an extra data logger for the information we require. They are also sending a wiring loom to enable us to run the engine. Dan has since found a friend who can run the ECUs for us, and has offered dyno and set up time also.
Major work is being done on the air inlets, with Prem, Franky and Mario now linking up with Dave Woodruff in America to find our best solution. Martin Hockenhull is drawing up all the modifications for us, including preparing the plenum drawing for machining after the company dealing with it encountered problems with overseas customers and were no longer able to help us complete it, though we are grateful for the superb work they did on it from the original design.
Peter Trevor compiled a list of jobs to enable us to have people focus on them to a deadline, in order to try and enable us to have the chassis running by Christmas.
The show body is away being slightly modified for a more professional fit to make it look even better for shows.
Dan Dole is drawing up a final version of the inlet trumpets which we are looking to have 3D printed.
The roll cage is being modified to allow the front swing arm to be closer to the forward bulkhead, with a revised position of the suspension unit. This will improve the situation of getting enough capacity of water to safely run the engine in the streamliner during our attempt.
The frame extensions have been made to fit the water tank behind the driver bulkhead, and in front of the engine, and Dan Marshall is completing the redesign of the chassis to fit.
We are extremely pleased to have Physical Digital on board as their work has already verified Dan’s engine design, and the fit into the chassis.
As soon as we receive the ECUs, Clayton can make the wiring harness and Peter can fit the sensors to the chassis.
As ever, we are grateful to all our partners, but in particular SRS Rail Systems UK and NGK who are proving a major part in our work.

Go to top

Physical Digital 3D Scanning video

This video was made during the recent visit of Physical Digital to the Angelic Bulldog Project workshop. The video can also be seen on YouTube and the Physical Digital 3D optical measurement experts website.

The video which includes a quick introduction to the Angelic Bulldog Project also explains how working with Physical Digital 3D scanning will move us forward towards our target of building a 400mph motorbike to break the land speed record for motor cycles.

By having our engine, transmission and chassis frame scanned we will have a very accurate 3D model of the whole machine from which precise measurements of existing and new components can be deduced.

Go to top